- 125g butter, softened
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup hot water
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup EasiYo unsweetened Natural Yogurt
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- Dash vanilla essence
- 1 ¼ cup plain flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup Cream
- 150g Dark Chocolate
- 1/2 tsp butter
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Grease and line a 23cm (9 inch) cake tin. If using a spring form tin, ensure it has a tight seal as the mixture is very runny.
- Cream butter and sugar with an electric beater until pale and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition
- In a separate bowl, whisk together water, oil, yogurt, cocoa and vanilla.
- In another bowl, sift flour, baking soda and salt together.
- Combine the three mixtures and beat on a medium speed for a minute or until smooth.
- Pour into cake tin and bake for 40-50 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out cleanly.
- Turn out on a cake rack and cool completely before pouring over the glaze.
Rich Chocolate glaze
Heat cream to near boiling point, then pour it over dark chocolate and butter. Whisk gently until smooth, dark and glossy.
Serve with a generous dollop of EasiYo Natural Yogurt on the side and some fresh berries if they are in season.
Where to buy in-store Buy online